A state-funded social welfare program called “Jagananna Chedodu” is run by the government of Andhra Pradesh’s BC Welfare Department. Only tailors (from all groups), Rajakas (washermen), and Nayee Brahmins (barbers) in the state are eligible for the program. A one-time sum of 10,000 per year for five years, or 50,000 in five payments, will be given to the beneficiary. The beneficiaries of this fund can use it to buy tools, equipment, and other necessities to expand their sources of income and place of employment. At the level of the Village/Ward secretariats, the Functionary Responsible for Scheme Delivery is/are Welfare & Education & Assistant/Ward Welfare & Development Secretary. The Executive Director of BC Corporation will coordinate at the district level with the aid of MPDOs and Municipal Commissioners.
Benefits For Jagananna Chedodu Sarkari Yojana:
- A one-time sum of 10,000 per year for five years, or 50,000 in five payments, will be given to the beneficiary.
- The beneficiaries of this fund can use it to buy tools, equipment, and other necessities to expand their sources of income and place of employment.
Eligibility for Jagananna Chedodu Sarkari Yojana
- The annual income of the entire family must be less than or equal to 2,50,000.
- The applicant’s total family land holdings should be wetland less than 10 acres, dry land less than 25 acres, or wetland and dry land less than 25 acres.
- No family member ought to be a government worker or retiree. Families of sanitation employees are exempt.
- The students must have obtained admission to one of the following (regular) programmes at one of the colleges, universities, or institutes recognized: B.Tech, B.Pharmacy, ITI, Polytechnic, B.Ed, M.Tech, M.Pharmacy, MBA, or Other Degree/PG programmes. Only Government/University Colleges are eligible for PG Courses.
- The students should be enrolled in a government-funded or government-run institution, a private college or university connected to a state university or board, or a day scholar program.
- Students living in Department Attached Hostels (DAH) and College Attached Hostels
- The applicant should have a 75% overall attendance rate.
- No family member shall own a four-wheeler (automobiles, tractors, and taxis are exempt).
- The applicant’s family should not own any real estate or should only own residential or commercial properties in metropolitan areas with built-up areas smaller than 1500 square feet.
- There should be no family members who pay income taxes.
- Ages should rely on a student’s eligibility for the required courses for both men and women.The following student groups are eligible: SC, ST, BC, EBC (other than Kapu), Kapu, Minority, and Differently Abled.
- Except for government quota, this program is not applicable to private and deemed universities.
- Students taking correspondence and distance learning courses are not eligible for the program.
- The management and NRI quota students are not eligible for this program.
- Eligible Beneficiary can apply for financial assistance under Jagananna Chedodu Scheme online through Navasakam Beneficiary Management Portal.
- Beneficiary has to click on the Login button appearing on the left corner of the screen.
- Select Citizen Login and Enter the Aadhar Number of Beneficiary.
- Navasakam Beneficiary Management Portal will verify the Aadhar Number by OTP verification.
- After OTP verification, Select “Jagananna Chedodu Scheme” from Citizen Scheme Application Tab.
- Fill in the personal details, contact details, and bank account details of the beneficiary and upload the required documents.
- Submit the Application Form for the Jagananna Chedodu Scheme after that.
- Applications received under Jagananna Chedodu Scheme will be forwarded to Welfare and Education Assistant or Ward Welfare and Development Secretary for verification.
- Field verification will be done by the Department of Backward Class officials.
- After initial verification, the Welfare Education Assistant forward their recommendations to the Mandal Parishad Development Officer or Municipal Corporation for further approval.
- MPDO then transfer the applications to the executive director of the Backward Class Welfare Department.
- Final approval on Jagananna Chedodu Scheme Applications will be given by District Magistrate.
- The final list of eligible beneficiaries under the Jagananna Chedodu Scheme will be available at all secretariats..
- Financial Assistance in 5 equal installments of Rs. 10,000/- each will be transferred to the bank account of the beneficiary every year.
- Eligible Applicants can also apply for Jagananna Chedodu Scheme offline by visiting the Gram Ward Sachivalyam Office.
- Aadhaar Card
- Rice Card / Income certificate
- College admission particulars
- Parents details
- Declaration of No Government Employee / Pensioner
- Non-taxpayer declaration / No Four-Wheeler / No Urban Property beyond 1500 Square feet / No agriculture land beyond the prescribed limit.
FAQ For Jagananna Chedodu Sarkari Yojana
- Is “Jagananna Chedodu” A Centrally Funded Scheme Or A State-Funded Scheme?
“Jagananna Chedodu” is a State-Funded Scheme.
- Which Department Manages The “Jagananna Chedodu” Scheme?
The “Jagananna Chedodu” Scheme is managed by the B.C. Welfare Department, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh.
- Is This Scheme Only Meant For Washermen?
The scheme is only for tailors (All communities), Rajakas (washermen), and Nayee Brahmins (Barbers) of the state.
- What Is The Maximum Amount Of Financial Assistance That A Beneficiary Can Receive Through This Scheme?
The beneficiary will be provided a one-time amount of ₹ 10,000 per year for a period of 5 years.
- Will The Financial Assistance Be Paid In Installments Or As A Lump Sum?
The financial assistance be paid in installments.
- For What Purposes Can The Beneficiary Use The Amount Of Financial Assistance?
This fund can be utilized by the beneficiaries for purchasing tools, equipment, and other essentials to grow their source of income and work establishment.
- Who Is The Implementing Agency For This Scheme At District Level?
At the district level, the Executive Director, of BC Corporation will coordinate with the assistance of MPDOs / Municipal Commissioner.
- Will I Be Eligible To Apply If The Total Annual Income Of My Family Is ₹ 4,50,000?
No, in order to be eligible for this scheme, the total family annual income should be less than or equal to ₹ 2,50,000.
- Can An Individual Apply To This Scheme If One Of His/Her Family Members Is A Government Pensioner?
No, in order to be eligible, no family member should be a government employee or government pensioner.
- What Are The Attendance-Related Criteria For This Scheme?
The aggregate attendance of the applicant should be 75%.
- Can An Individual Apply To This Scheme If One Of His/Her Family Members Is An Income Tax Payee?
No, in order to be eligible, no family member should be an Income Tax Payee.
- What Are The Eligibility Criteria With Respect To Land Holding?
The Total Family Land holding of the applicant should be wetland below 10 acres/ dry land below 25 acres/ or wetland and dry land under 25 acres.
- can A Female Also Apply To This Scheme?
Yes, this scheme is open to applicants from all genders.
- Can Students From The General/Unreserved Category Also Apply?
No, only the students belonging to SC, ST, BC, EBC (other than Kapu), Kapu, Minority, and Differently Abled categories are eligible.
- What Documents Are Needed For Applying To This Scheme?
The following documents are needed for applying to this scheme – • Aadhaar Card • Rice Card / Income certificate • College admission particulars • Parents details • Declaration of No Government Employee / Pensioner • Non-taxpayer declaration / No Four-Wheeler / No Urban Property beyond 1500 Square feet / No agriculture land beyond the prescribed limit.